Prep Your Home for Spring!
Spring is the perfect time to declutter and start fresh by taking on tasks like organizing the garage, cleaning out closets and scrubbing baseboards. However, while embarking on such spring cleaning tasks, it’s also important to compile checklists for any home maintenance tasks that need to be addressed.
Roof and Gutters Checklist
- Clear gutters and downspouts. Clean debris that has accumulated in these areas and check to see if all downspouts are pointed away from your home.
- Check gutters for damage. Search for holes or cracks in your gutters that may have occurred due to the freezing and thawing of ice.
- Check the roof for damage. Check for missing or damaged shingles and take a look in your attic for signs of leakage or excess moisture.
- Inspect panels. Check to make sure that the panels surrounding your unit are secured properly and didn’t sustain damage during the winter.
- Clear debris. Remove any leaves and twigs that have accumulated on and around your unit as well as any lawn debris that may be inside it.
- Change air filters. This should be done once a month as regular maintenance, but for good measure, replace the existing filter while you’re giving your HVAC system a mini tune-up.
Exterior Maintenance Checklist
- Siding: Walk around the exterior of your home and check for any pieces that are extra weathered.
- Windows: Look for cracked or peeling caulk and repair it to maintain efficiency in your home.
- Deck: If your deck is showing signs of weathering, it might be time to restain and/or reseal it. Also look for loose or deteriorating boards and replace them to maintain safety.
- Foundation/Basement: Check the mortar for cracks if you have a brick home and check the floor for damage if you have a basement.
- Landscaping: Trim trees and shrubs to keep your siding safe from damage.
Long Island Poolscapes would love to create the living space of your dreams around your pool, from an outdoor kitchen to a fire ring, and everything in between. Contact us today at 631-698-8873 for a free estimate!